Olé Football Academy and Western Suburbs 2021 Winter Programme
As we transition into the Winter Club Season Olé Football Academy and Western Suburbs Football Club continue their successful, long-term partnership, devoted to developing the next generation of young, New Zealand footballers.
The Winter Programme will run for 23-24 weeks, beginning on Monday 1 March, continuing for the duration of the club season and concludes on Sunday 29 August.
Depending on age, players will train between 3-5 times per week at Olé Football Academy and play competitively with their respective Western Suburbs FC teams on weekends. There will be some training and game breaks during school holidays.
REGISTER TO TRIAL:
Trials will be held for all players interested in being part of the 2021 Winter Programme.
You must register to trial for the Winter Programme via Olé’s new registration system Friendly Manager. You can do this HERE.
REGISTER WITH WESTERN SUBURBS FC:
Being part of the Winter Programme will also require you to register with Western Suburbs FC and pay club registration fees. You can do this HERE.
TRIAL DATES AND TIMES:
All trials will take place on Monday 22 February at Olé Football Academy in Porirua. There is no cost to participate in trials.
- 4.30pm – 5.30pm: Players born 2009 & 2010
- 5.45pm – 6.45pm: Players born 2007 & 2008
If your player is unavailable for the trial date for any reason, please go ahead and register them to trial anyway, and follow up with an email to Simone: email@example.com to advise further regarding unavailability.
FOR PLAYERS BORN 2006 AND OLDER:
Trials for new players born 2006 and older are by invitation only, or as agreed upon through direct discussion with Olé Football Academy coaching staff. If you are interested in an opportunity to trial, please contact Simone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exisiting players born 2006 and older still need to register via Olé’s new registration system Friendly Manager. You can do this HERE. You will also be required to register with Western Suburbs FC and pay club registration fees. You can do this HERE.
WINTER PROGRAMME 2021 – KEY DATES:
- Trials: Monday 22 February
- Players selected and notified: Wednesday 24 February
- Winter Programme begins: Monday 1 March
- Team Selections released: Wednesday 31 March
- Easter Weekend: Friday 2 – Monday 5 April – No U13 or U15 training
- Winter Season Begins (Youth & Junior): Weekend of 10 & 11 April
- Term 1 School Holidays: Friday 16 April – Sunday 2 March – There will be Youth & Junior games on the first and last weekend of the school holidays, and there will be a break on the middle weekend
- Anzac Day: Monday 26 April – No U13 or U15 training
- Queens Birthday: Monday 14 June – No U13 or U15 training
- Winter Season concludes: Sunday 29 August
2021 WINTER PROGRAMME STRUCTURE:
Due to capacity, there will be a limited number of Youth and Junior teams within the programme, and places available will reflect this. Players who are invited into the programme will be expected to commit to the training schedule and have consistent attendance at training and games.
This is a projection of the training groups, training schedule and costs. Please note that these are subject to change.
U15 Training Group
This group will play in U15, U14 or U13 teams in the Winter Season. Select players may also move between U17 and U15 teams at times.
- 5x contacts per week: 4x training sessions and 1x game
- Training schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 5:50-7.10PM
- Cost: $1800.00
U13 Training Group
This group will play in U13, U12 or U11 teams in the Winter Season. Select players may also move between U15 and U13 teams at times.
- 4x contacts per week: 3x training sessions and 1x game
- Training schedule: Monday and Friday 4:30-5:45PM and Wednesday 5.50-7.10PM
- Cost: $1500.00
There is a “No Barriers to Entry” policy. If cost may be a concern, please get in touch about support with fees and scholarship opportunities.
If you have any questions relating to the 2021 Winter Programme or trials, please contact Simone Sippola: email@example.com